The story of Poderi Boscarelli and its Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG begins in 1962 with founder Egidio Corradi. Born into an old Poliziana family in the region of Montepulciano, he spent most of his life working as an international broker in Milan and Genua. However, it was his unbroken passion for wine and the land he knew and loved, which led him to purchase two semi-abandoned small farms in Cervognano of Montepulciano, thereby laying the groundwork for Boscarelli. As time passed, his daughter Paola and her husband Ippolito De Ferrari, who shared Egidio's vision and passion, took over.

Boscarelli is blessed with a premium location. A microclimate perfect for quality viticulture and a beneficial soil structure contribute to the unmistaken elegance and character of the Boscarelli wines. The most prevalent grapes grown, covering around 80%, are Sangiovese. The remaining 20% are made up of several native varieties such as Mammolo, Canaiolo and Colorino, as well as international varieties such as Merlot and Cabernet.

Today Luca and Nicolò De Ferrari continue the family tradition. They embody the Boscarelli spirit in third generation, reselecting and replanting vineyards and working on the unmistakable character of Boscarelli wines, infusing each bottle with the aromas and flavors that once their Grandpa Egidio loved and searched for.

Images ©Poderi Boscarelli